Learn more about the features and benefits of a First Home Savings Account:
- Compound growth and tax-sheltered savings. By contributing early, your investment will magnify returns over time through compounding. Invest money without being taxed on the income and growth.
- Participation period. An FHSA can only be open for 15 years and must be closed by the end of the year when the holder reaches age 71. Additionally, the FHSA must be closed within one year of making a qualifying withdrawal to purchase your first home.
- Transfers. An FHSA is transferable to another FHSA, RRSP or RRIF owned by the holder, a spouse/common-law partner named as the successor, or a former spouse/common-law partner.
- Is buying your first home one of your financial goals? A First Home Savings Account is a great place to start!
- Is a resident of Canada at the time of purchase
- Is between the ages of 18 to 71
- Has a valid SIN
- Is a first-time home buyer
- Unused contributions can be carried forward to a maximum lifetime limit of $40,000.
- The annual limit is not income tested and is not based on the holder’s earned income.
- First-time home buyer
- Resident of Canada
- Withdrawal made within 30 days of moving
- Buy or build a home before October 1 of the following year
- Home is in Canada
- Entire excess amount is withdrawn
- The entire excess amount is eliminated when annual contribution limit is reset
We will notify you when this investment account is available to our members!
Fill out the form below and we'll be in touch soon.
The FHSA is a helpful tool for Canadians looking to buy their first home. With its contribution limits and tax advantages, it's a convenient way to save for your down payment. You can always stay up-to-date on your FHSA contribution room by checking "My Account" or "My CRA" on the CRA website or by calling the CRA's Tax Information Phone Service at 1.800.267.6999 (TIPS).