The youth of today are the leaders of tomorrow.
We believe that here, and want to provide you the chance to receive one of our high school scholarships.
Applications are now CLOSED for 2021
Heading off to college or university in the fall? Not only do we want to help you with your financial needs, we want to help make it a bit easier on your pocketbook by offering 6 - $500 scholarships to our graduating members.
Applications closed on March 31st, 2021
How does it work?
- Applicants must submit the required application form.
- At the time of awarding the scholarship, the applicant is enrolled full time in post-secondary studies in a university, college, technical school or other recognized institution.
- Applicants must currently be attending high school and graduating in June 2021.
- Applicants must attend an approved post-secondary institution in the Fall of 2021.
- Students must also live in or attend a high school in a community or R.M. where a Cornerstone Credit Union branch is located.
The applicant shall provide the following documents via email to email@example.com or drop off at any of our Cornerstone Credit Union branches to the attention of Communications Department for the consideration of the Cornerstone Credit Union Scholarship.
Ensure the following is included in your submission:
Part 1: Application Link: [applications closed for 2021]
Part 1a) (included in the application form): Write a short essay (500 words or less), provide a PowerPoint presentation or a video which highlights:
- your community involvement: include school activities and any extracurricular activities.
- your personal values: include what’s important to you.
- an idea you have for Cornerstone Credit Union to be more relevant to your age group.
- Transcript of secondary school marks
- Proof of Post-Secondary Institution Enrolment
- Cornerstone Credit Union reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, amend or cancel the Cornerstone Credit Union Scholarship program at any time without notice, and to decide all questions respecting the awarding of Scholarships, and the administration of the terms and conditions of the program.
- Those who provide false information to Cornerstone Credit Union at any time will not be eligible to receive a scholarship.
- To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must:
a) be in their final year of high school
b) be a Canadian citizen or have permanent resident status;
c) certify that all the information provided on the Program application form (“Application”) and in all the accompanying documents is true, accurate and complete to the best of their knowledge.
- By submitting an application, the applicant authorizes Cornerstone Credit Union to collect, use, store and confirm information about the applicant, provided on the Application submitted (including references) to those who need to know such information for the purposes of administering and promoting the Cornerstone Scholarship program.
- Recipient must:
- attend school on a full-time basis (as defined by the school)
- be enrolled in a course of study leading to a first degree/diploma the following fall
- All Recipients must inform themselves as to the tax consequences of receiving the Scholarship.
- All Recipients will be required to sign a Declaration and Release which will entitle Cornerstone Credit Union to use the Recipient’s name, city and province of residence, and photograph, without further compensation for any publicity carried out by Cornerstone Credit Union with respect to the Scholarship program.
We're here to help you with your future and your career dreams.
Our Student Loan allows you the flexibility to finance your education and make interest only payments while you are attending school. We'll work with you to determine how much you need to get through school and then design a plan that removes financial worry from your full plate. Interest only payments will continue for six months after you've completed your program, and your interest rate will remain the same for the duration of your loan.